MWS is the UKs leading manufacturer of industrial weighing machinery, we work from a manufacturing site located in Birstall, Leicester.
The business requires an experienced mechanical design engineer to develop and improve existing weighing machine designs in 2D and 3D for component manufacturers and our clients.
You will work closely with the Sales Team, Operations Director and production department to develop weighing solutions for a wide range of industries, from Logistics through to chemical, food and pharmaceutical manufacturing businesses.
- Liaise with clients to create products and designs to cater for project requirements
- Improve and develop existing products
- Produce computer aided designs of appropriate manufacturability from materials such as box section and sheet steel
- Specify component requirements and communicate with suppliers
- Create BOMS, cutting lists and costing sheets for products/projects
- Liaise with clients regarding approval of designs.
- Create manufacturing drawings for laser cutters and machining suppliers
- Create fabrication drawings for internal manufacturing team
- Place orders on suppliers and discuss project and order delivery with internal stakeholders
- Proficient use of a 3D parametric CAD package such as AUTOCAD
- Appropriate Degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Pension Scheme
- Fixed Office Location / Desk
- Laptop / Mobile Phone
- On-site Parking
- 25 days holiday, plus extra day for Birthday (26 total)
How to Apply
Please send CV’s and cover letters to: Kelvin Cooper, Operations Director – email@example.com
Only individuals with the above skills will be considered will be contacted for an interview.