We are looking for a highly motivated and focussed candidate to be accountable for the sales and purchasing function plus other administrative duties.
You will report to the operations team and be an intrinsic part of the business which manages the order journey as it passes through various stages of the organisation.
You’ll deal with all queries that may arise during the processing of the orders and be the main point of contact for the statuses of orders from internal and external stakeholders.
To be effective constant discussions with all areas of the business about each order is paramount therefore excellent communication skills are essential to succeed in this role as you will be liaising with customers, suppliers and other team members to ensure sales and purchase order accuracy.
You will attend weekly meetings with your manager and other team members to discuss the statuses of all orders.
- Log customer leads and assign to relevant sales person ensuring they have been actioned
- Accountable and responsible for the processing of customer and supplier orders through to delivery.
- Facilitate customer payment for non-credit customers: pro forma invoice, BACS or credit card.
- Enter orders onto internal works order system, monitor jobs and amend where necessary
- Collect and manage the data into repositories for effective document control
- Liaise with manufacturing team to create purchase orders to fulfil customer orders, some of which are complex
- Checking prices with suppliers ensuring profit margin preservation.
- Assess all orders on a daily basis for delivery slippage
- Manage customer expectations and communicate efficiently via phone and email
- 2 years experience in using Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships both internally and externally
- Confident, highly organised and able to multi-task.
- Adaptable and able to work on own initiative whilst also a team player.
- Ability to identify and deal with mistakes effectively
- Communicate promptly and professionally with customers and suppliers
- Willingness to grow through the role through initiative and desire to progress your career
We will provide in-house training to enable the successful candidate to carry out the above role to the best of their ability whilst meeting the high standards required for this business.